Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
COST PER PLATE: $4.83
TOTAL COST: $19.33
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare mint paste: In a small bowl, stir together all paste ingredients.
2. Assemble fish: Open fish up and spread half of mint paste on flesh of each. Arrange 1 sliced orange and onion slices on a large baking sheet roughly in the shape of both fish. Scatter olives. Close fish and place on top of oranges and onions. Pour wine over fish. Bake until skin starts to peel away from flesh and internal temperature is 145°F, about 25 minutes. Transfer fish to a cutting board, remove skin and cut each fish into 2 fillets (making 4 fillets total).*
3. Assemble salad: To a large bowl, add greens. Once roasted orange slices are cool enough to handle, squeeze juice into bowl with greens. Chop roasted onions and slice olives and add to bowl. Segment remaining fresh orange over bowl, letting segments and juices fall into bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and toss to combine. Serve each fillet with salad. (Alternatively, you can flake the fish and mix in with the salad.)
* To easily fillet the fish, remove the head just above the collarbone. Cut off the tail. Then slice along the backbone to release the top fillet. Gently separate the top fillet and scrape away the skin. Flip the fish over and repeat with the bottom fillet.
- Serving Size 1 fillet and 1/4 of salad
- Calories 413
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 119 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 408 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g