- Prep Time
3 slices bacon, no added nitrates or nitrites, chopped
3 small shallots, thinly sliced
½ tsp sea salt, divided
1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp ground black pepper
3 tbsp roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
1. To a large skillet on medium, add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp and fat has rendered, 6 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shallots to skillet and season with ⅛ tsp salt and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 8 minutes. Increase heat to medium; add Brussels sprouts and ⅛ tsp salt and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add vinegar and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until Brussels sprouts are wilted. Season with remaining ¼ tsp salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a serving bowl; top with reserved bacon and seeds.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 178
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 14 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 421 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g