Balsamic Chicken with Lemony Beans and Mushrooms
Our tangy balsamic chicken is the ultimate quick-fix protein that offers maximum mouthwatering flavor alongside crisp beans and meaty mushrooms.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried thyme (TRY: Frontier Organic Thyme Leaf Whole)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Prepare an ice bath nearby. Add beans to pot and reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice bath; drain again and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, lemon zest and juice and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in beans and heat through. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add chicken, vinegar, thyme and salt and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat. Divide chicken and bean mixtures among plates and drizzle chicken with pan juices.
- Serving Size 4 oz chicken mixture and 7 oz mushroom mixture
- Calories 235
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 332 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g