Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
READER RECIPE TESTER
“I live in Florida and as it gets hotter outside I have less and less desire to stand over the stove. At this time of year, my slow cooker is really helpful for clean eating. This dish has loads of seasonal veggies that lend ample flavor. It’s so simple to throw together but tastes divine.”
- Remove lid from slow cooker, mist interior with cooking spray and place chicken inside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk vinegar, rosemary, soy sauce and Sucanat. Add remaining ingredients, except for kale, and stir well to coat.
- Pour vegetable-sauce mixture into slow cooker, over top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 5. One hour before serving, stir in kale and replace cover. Before plating, use a fork to lightly shred chicken in the slow cooker. Serve over brown rice, quinoa or whole-wheat angel hair pasta.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 144
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 93 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g