Love steak? Try our Grilled Herbed Steak with Rainbow Slaw.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, onion, Worcestershire, coffee and allspice. In a large baking pan, add sirloin. Top with 2 tbsp vinegar mixture, turning several times to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, fill a pot with about 2 inches water and set a steamer basket over top. Place potatoes in basket and bring water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and steam until fork-tender, about 13 minutes.
- Carefully remove steamer basket from pot, discarding water. Transfer potatoes to pot. With a potato masher, mash until blended. Gradually mix in milk, 1/4 tsp salt and cane juice. Cover and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Remove sirloin from marinade and add to skillet; discard remaining marinade. Cook sirloin for 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and sprinkle with 1⁄8 tsp salt and pepper.
- Add remaining vinegar mixture to skillet and bring to a boil on medium-high and cook, constantly scraping bottom and sides of skillet with a wooden spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until reduced by about half. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/8 tsp salt and additional pepper. With a sharp knife, thinly slice sirloin against the grain into 16 slices. Spoon potatoes onto serving plates and top with sirloin and vinegar reduction, dividing evenly. Garnish with thyme (if using).
- Serving Size 3 oz sirloin, 1/2 cup potatoes, 1 tbsp vinegar reduction
- Calories 285
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 374 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g