Nutritional Bonus: One luscious summer peach adds 1 gram of fiber to this low-cal, high-protein meal, plus its natural sugars satisfy your sweet tooth the clean-eating way. While all sugars are processed in a similar way inside the body, it is the added benefit of fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that makes the natural sugars in fruit far superior to the refined version in many packaged foods. Love these marinated pork chops?
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 5-oz lean boneless pork chops, trimmed of visible fat
- Olive oil cooking spray (optional)
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, honey and rosemary. Reserve 2 tbsp and add the rest to a 1-gallon zip-top bag. Add pork to bag and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler to high or coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high over stove. Remove pork from fridge, discard marinating liquid and season pork with salt and pepper. Broil pork or cook in grill pan until pork is opaque throughout and feels firm to the touch, or until internal temperature registers 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, cook peaches under broiler or in a grill pan over medium heat until tender and juicy, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate, season with pepper and brush with reserved 2 tbsp marinade. To serve, place a pork chop on each of 4 plates and top with 2 peach halves. Garnish with thyme leaves.
- Serving Size: 5 oz pork chop, 1 peach, 2 tbsp marinade
- Calories: 310
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Cholesterol Content: 95 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 125 mg
- Sugar Content: 21 g