Learn about common Thai ingredients and how to use them.
- In a blender, blend coconut milk, cilantro, basil, curry paste, fish sauce, sugar and turmeric until smooth.
- Cut away tough ribs from banana leaves and soak the leaves in a large skillet full of hot tap water to soften for 10 minutes to make them easier to fold. Drain the leaves and cut them into roughly 10-inch squares, removing the tough center rib. Place a square in the center of a cutting board and place 1 piece of fish in the center of the leaf. Spread with a quarter of the curry paste mixture. Place a lime leaf and a few pieces of pepper on top. Fold the sides of the banana leaf up and over the fish and wrap as you would a present with the seam on top. Secure the overlapping banana leaf with a few toothpicks. Repeat process with remaining fish.
- Arrange fish seam side up in a steamer rack and set the rack over simmering water in a large pot. Cover the pot or steamer basket and steam until fish is opaque when pierced with a paring knife, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 packet
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 469 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g