Banana & Peanut Butter Flaxseed Cookies
If Elvis had a signature cookie, these banana peanut butter cookies would be it! Not only will these satisfy your peanut butter and banana cravings, but they're also packed with omega-3-rich flaxseeds.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Love these banana peanut butter cookies? Try these peanut butter banana muffins.
READER RECIPE TESTER
Red Deer, Alberta
“This recipe was born out of my love for peanut butter, cookies and bananas – and my desire for a clean, healthy hybrid of the three! The sole sweetener is maple syrup, and each cookie contains omega-3-packed flaxseeds and natural peanut butter for your healthy fats!”
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Stir in maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just to combine; do not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet and let cool directly on rack.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 115
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 80 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g