Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
READER RECIPE TESTER
Red Deer, Alberta
“This recipe was born out of my love for peanut butter, cookies and bananas – and my desire for a clean, healthy hybrid of the three! The sole sweetener is maple syrup, and each cookie contains omega-3-packed flaxseeds and natural peanut butter for your healthy fats!”
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash banana with a fork. Stir in maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring just to combine; do not over-mix. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet and let cool directly on rack.
- Serving Size 1 cookie
- Calories 115
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 80 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g