A combination of low-fat milk and arrowroot powder give this banana pudding a texture so rich that your family won't believe it's completely devoid of cream!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 cups low-fat milk, divided
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 small bananas, peeled and divided
- 1 tsp Sucanat
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 packets stevia
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup milk and arrowroot powder until smooth; set aside.
- In a blender, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 banana, Sucanat, vanilla and stevia and process until smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer on medium-low heat. Remove saucepan from heat and slowly whisk in arrowroot mixture.
- Return to medium-low and cook for about 1 minute, whisking constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Slice remaining banana and gently stir into pudding.
- Pour warm pudding into large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.
- Pudding is best within 24 hours.
- Serving Size 2/3 cup serving
- Calories 137
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 1.5 g
- Fiber Content 1.5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 66 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.25 g