Steaming hard vegetables like sweet potatoes under pressure yields tender results in less than half the time it takes to bake them. Want to do some easy batch cooking? Omit the sweet potatoes and broccoli and double the zesty chicken and barbecue sauce ingredients – the leftovers freeze beautifully and you can make a bunch when chicken breasts are on sale.
1. Place trivet (provided by
manufacturer) on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour in 1 cup water. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on trivet. Lock lid and set release valve to [Sealing]. Press [Steam] and set to [More/High]; adjust cooking time to 15 minutes.
2. When cooking is done, let pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes (don’t move the vent). After 10 minutes, carefully set release valve to [Venting]. When metal pin in lid falls and all pressure is released, unlock lid. Transfer potatoes to a plate; cover to keep warm. Discard liquid, remove trivet and wipe out pot.
3. Return pot to machine and press [Sauté] and set to [Normal/Medium]. Add oil and heat. Add shallot and garlic and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Press [Cancel].
4. In pot, combine ketchup, ¼ cup water, chile powder, Worcestershire, honey and pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat. Lock lid and set release valve to [Sealing]. Press [Pressure] and set to [More/High]; adjust cooking time to 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, fi t a steamer basket over a pot fi lled 2 inches with water. Bring to a boil, add broccoli to basket, cover, and steam until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. When chicken is done, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then set release valve to [Venting]. When metal pin in lid falls and all pressure is released, unlock lid. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred.
7. Halve potatoes and arrange on plates. Spoon chicken, sauce and broccoli over top.
- Serving Size 1 sweet potato, 2/3 cup chicken mixture, 1/2 cup broccoli
- Calories 354
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 7.5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 551 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g