We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneating.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. In an Instant Pot, evenly arrange potatoes. Add 1¼ cups water and ½ tsp salt. Place a trivet (with 2-inch legs) over potatoes.
2. Spray a 7-inch round metal baking dish (about 3 inches tall) with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine green onions, carrot, egg, oats, ½ tbsp thyme, garlic, black pepper and ¼ tsp salt. Stir to combine.
3. Add ground beef to oat mixture; combine well. Spoon meatloaf mixture into prepared baking pan; smooth top with back of spoon. In a small bowl, mix ketchup and vinegar. Spoon half of ketchup mixture over meatloaf mixture. Cover pan tightly with foil and place over trivet. Cover and set aside remaining ketchup mixture.
4. In a medium bowl, toss carrots with oil and remaining ½ tbsp thyme and ¼ tsp salt. Wrap carrots tightly in foil; place bundle on top of meatloaf. Lock lid and set release valve to Seal. Press Pressure and set to More/High; adjust cooking time to 22 minutes. When cooking is done, set release valve to Venting. When metal pin in lid falls and all pressure is released, unlock lid.
5. Using sturdy tongs or heat-resistant gloves, remove carrots from pot, open bundle and pour into a bowl. Remove meatloaf from pot, transfer to a plate and spoon reserved ketchup mixture over top. Carefully lift inner pot and pour potatoes into a colander to drain. Return potatoes to inner pot. Add butter and chives; smash until skins are broken. Serve meatloaf with smashed potatoes and carrots.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 498
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 139 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 735 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g