NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate salmon, asparagus and sauce separately. Reheat when called for and add garnishes.
1. Prepare sauce: Soak cashews overnight in water in the refrigerator; drain. In a blender, place soaked and drained cashews. Add remaining sauce ingredients and ¼ cup water and blend until smooth. If too thick, add 1 tbsp more water and blend again; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place asparagus and tomatoes on baking sheet; drizzle with oil and season with ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and place salmon over asparagus mixture. Season with remaining ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes more, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
3. To serve, divide salmon between plates. Divide sauce over top salmon. Sprinkle with hemp hearts and garnish with fresh basil leaves and lemon wedges. Serve asparagus mixture alongside.
- Serving Size 1 salmon fillet and ½ of vegetables and sauce
- Calories 412
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 57 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 37 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 472 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g