- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lightly beaten large egg
- 3/4 cup whole-grain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Mist a large baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a steamer basket over simmering water to medium, steam baby spinach until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool, squeeze out water and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine lean ground chicken, minced garlic cloves, lightly beaten large egg, whole-grain bread crumbs, crumbled feta cheese, finely chopped fresh basil leaves, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste, and spinach; mix well to combine. Use your hands to form mixture into 12 balls.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and no longer pink inside.