Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Like sorbet? Try our refreshing Lemon Peach Sorbet!
- Zest 3 limes. In a food processor, combine lime zest, cane juice and basil and pulse a few times. (NOTE: By breaking up basil in the food processor, we’re “bruising” it, which allows the basil to release its flavors into the sugar syrup.) Transfer mixture to a medium saucepan, then add 1 cup water and bring to a boil on medium-high, stirring to dissolve cane juice. Remove from heat and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, juice zested limes plus enough additional limes to yield 2 cups juice. THREE: Strain cane juice mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing on the solids. Stir in lime juice and salt. Thoroughly chill in fridge then freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Alternatively, pour chilled sorbet mixture into a shallow pan and freeze, stirring and breaking up with a fork every hour for 3 to 4 hours. Once solid, set aside at room temperature for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a food processor. Pulse until smooth, then transfer to a container and refreeze.)
- Serving Size 1/4 cup
- Calories 73
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 9 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g