Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, oregano, chile powder, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne. Rub spice mixture on all surfaces of roast. In a large heavy-bottomed pan on medium-high, heat oil. Sear meat, turning frequently until browned on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer meat to a 6-qt slow cooker and reduce heat on pan to medium. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth, vinegar and Worcestershire. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour broth mixture over meat, cover and set to low. Cook for 7 to 8 hours, until the meat is tender enough to pull apart with a fork. Remove meat to a cutting board and shred using 2 forks. Return meat to slow cooker and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil and bake until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all salsa ingredients. To serve, fill corn tortillas with ¼ cup shredded beef and top with 2 tbsp salsa. If using, top with lettuce and cheese.
- Serving Size 2 tacos
- Calories 353
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 71 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6.5 g
- Sodium Content 296 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g