Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Love exotic chickpea dishes? Try this chickpea salad, too!
- In a large nonstick pot on medium-high, add beef and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, breaking up beef with a spoon. Add jalapeños, red bell pepper, onion and okra and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is cooked through.
- Stir in chickpeas, cumin, chile powder and cocoa powder. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. Add 1 cup water and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until water evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber and cilantro. To serve, divide chili among bowls and top with sauce.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cup beef & chickpea chili and 1/3 cup yogurt sauce
- Calories 389
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 63 mg
- Fat Content 12.5 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 323 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g