Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
READER RECIPE TESTER
“This recipe is ridiculously simple, so fast to throw together, can make totally varied quantities depending on your needs and is basically just perfect for a working/busy family. It’s not the prettiest thing I’ve ever made, but if you pair it with a salad, you have a healthy, balanced meal that will totally blow your mind.”
- In a 2- to 3-qt slow cooker, add beef and chickpeas. In a medium bowl, combine broth and curry paste; add mixture to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Transfer contents of slow cooker to skillet and stir in peas. Cook until broth evaporates and mixture resembles a near-dry curry.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, salt, cilantro and lime. If needed, stir in milk to reach desired sauce-like consistency. Stack pitas and wrap in foil. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Spoon curry mixture into centers of pitas, dividing evenly. Wrap and drizzle with sauce.
- Serving Size 1 wrap
- Calories 393
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 76 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 37 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 367 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g