Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Cook rice according to package direction. During last 10 minutes, stir in carrots.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process bread into fine crumbs and transfer to a large bowl. With the large holes of a box grater, grate 1 onion and add to bowl. Stir in sirloin, half of garlic, egg white, 1 tsp curry powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Form into 4 equal rounds and thread each on 1 skewer; shape each into a 6-inch-long cylinder around skewer. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Chop remaining onion. In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 tsp oil on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add half of lemon juice, remaining 1 tsp curry powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and sauté for 4 minutes. Add remaining garlic and sauté for 1 more minute. Set aside.
- Brush a grill pan with remaining 1/4 tsp oil and heat on medium. Add skewers, trimming to fit pan, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a clean food processor, process zucchini, sunflower seeds and remaining half of lemon juice until smooth.
- Stir onion mixture into rice and divide among plates. Top with skewers and lemon zest and serve with sauce.
- Serving Size 1/2 cup rice mixture, 1 beef kefta, 1/4 cup sauce
- Calories 353
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 133 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g