- Prepare sauce: In a medium saucepan on medium-low, heat oil. Add 1/4 cup onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1 tsp garlic and cook for 20 seconds. Remove from heat and whisk in ketchup, lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce, cane juice, cayenne and 1/4 cup water. Return to heat on low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in pomegranate molasses and remove from heat; cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. To a large bowl, add beef, quinoa, remaining ½ cup onion, cilantro, egg, remaining 3 tsp garlic, cumin, 1/4 tsp pepper and pinch salt. Using your hands, combine mixture until well blended. Gently form into about 24 mini meatballs, about 1 1/2 tbsp each, and place on sheet. Bake, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a meatball registers 160°F, about 15 minutes. Transfer meatballs to pan with sauce and stir gently to coat; keep warm on low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook cauliflower florets in a steamer basket over simmering water until tender when pierced with a fork, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer steamed cauliflower to a food processor and process until puréed. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp each pepper and salt. Serve meatballs and sauce over cauliflower.
- Serving Size 6 meatballs and 3/4 cup cauliflower
- Calories 368
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 52 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 284 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g