Love this Beef Stir-Fry Recipe? Find more clean classics here.
If you're not hankering for red meat this evening, you can just as easily try shrimp in its place without having to worry about longer cooking times. Whether you leave the shrimp tails on or off is completely up to you!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each yellow, orange and green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 lb lean beef tenderloin, trimmed of visible fat and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large skillet on medium-high. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until onions are soft. Add bell peppers and roasted peppers and cook for 2 minutes, until onions are golden brown. Add beef and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth and bring to a simmer over same heat. Simmer for 2 minutes, until steak is cooked through. Remove from heat, stir in basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve beef mixture over quinoa.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 c beef stir-fry and 1/2 c quinoa
- Calories: 377
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Cholesterol Content: 60 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 316 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g