Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Looking for more vegetarian recipes? Click here.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large stockpot on medium-high, add broth, vinegar and tamari. Bring to a boil and add cauliflower; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, just until fork-tender, being careful not to overcook. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, garlic and onion powder (if using), and 1/8 tsp salt. Working one floret at a time, dredge in flour mixture and place on 1 prepared sheet.
- Slowly whisk lager into the remaining flour mixture in bowl. If needed, add additional lager until batter has a light, runny consistency. Working one at a time, dip cauliflower florets into batter, coating completely. Remove, allowing excess batter to run off, and return florets to same sheet.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add one-third of cauliflower. Sear for 6 minutes, turning halfway, until light golden. Transfer to second prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining oil and cauliflower. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until browned and crisp. Sprinkle with paprika and additional salt.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process all sauce ingredients except for chives until smooth. Stir in chives.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 289
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 243 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g