Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 1 large roasting pan with cooking spray. Place beets in pan in a single layer. Cover with aluminum foil and cook in oven for 15 minutes. Then, uncover and cook for another 10 minutes, until beets are tender when pierced with a fork; set aside to cool.
- While beets are cooling, boil 2 cups water in a medium pot over high heat. Pour in couscous, lower heat to medium and cover. Cook for 12 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, gently toss beets with oranges and zest, onion, oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. To serve, place 3/4 cup couscous on each of 4 plates, top each with 3/4 cup beet mixture and sprinkle with 1 tsp nuts.
- Serving Size 3/4 cups beet citrus salad, 1 tsp pine nuts, 3/4 cup couscous
- Calories 227
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 87 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g