Tip: These spicy golden nuggets can be eaten as is, sprinkled over your choice of whole grains and vegetables, or in a whole-grain or collard green wrap!
- Prep Time
- 2 cupsServings
2 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 BPA-free cans unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp grape seed oil
1 tsp each paprika and ground coriander
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp each sea salt, ground cayenne pepper, ginger and fenugreek
1/8 tsp each ground allspice, cardamom, cloves and nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium bowl, toss together all ingredients. Transfer to a large rimmed foil-lined baking sheet, spreading evenly.
2. Bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir and continue to bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, until golden brown and crispy. Cool before eating or storing in a resealable bag at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 201
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 127 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 6 g