Berry Chia Parfait
We’ve elevated your basic chia pudding into this beautiful, three-layer treat sweetened with only liquid monk fruit. The vibrant mixed berries will help you get closer to eating a rainbow of colors each day.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Habits This Recipe Helps You Keep
- Improve gut health
- Eat the Rainbow
- Select healthy fats
Related: 20 Daily Habits for a Healthier, Happier You!
- 1 13.5-oz BPA-free can full-fat coconut milk
- ⅔ cup chia seeds, divided (Try: Navitas Organics Organic Chia Seeds)
- 20 drops liquid monk fruit sweetener, divided
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 10-oz bag frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1 orange, juiced
- ¼ cup water
- Prepare chia pudding: In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, one-half of chia seeds, one-half of monk fruit, vanilla and salt. Stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate until thickened, at least 4 hours. (Note: Check after an hour to make sure seeds aren’t clumping at the bottom; if so, stir to redistribute.)
- Prepare berry mixture: In a small saucepan, combine berries, orange juice, water and remaining one-half of monk fruit. Bring to a simmer on medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until berries are juicy and have softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Mash with a fork, then transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining one-half of chia seeds. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer half of each mixture to a food processor and process until combined.
- Divide pudding-berry mixture from processor among 4 small bowls or parfait glasses. Divide remaining chia pudding over first layer, spreading evenly. Divide remaining berry mixture over top of each bowl. Cover and chill before serving.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 371
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 19 g
- Sodium Content 78 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g