- In a large skillet on medium, heat one-half of oil. Add onions and cook, stirring until lightly caramelized, 4 to 5 minutes, adding a splash of water if sticking. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds.
- Push onions to one side of the pan; add remaining one-half of oil to the center of the pan and stir in tomato paste. Cook, stirring paste until color darkens, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir with onions to coat. Add water, beans, coconut aminos and paprika. Cook, stirring, until beans are hot and evenly coated, adding more water if mixture absorbs all the sauce.
- Stir in vinegar and remove from heat. Divide beans among toast and top with feta (if using). Garnish with any leftover fresh thyme.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 231
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 214 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g