Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and cool completely. Transfer 1 cup to a large bowl and reserve leftovers for future use.
- Meanwhile, slice 1 3/4 red onions into 1/4-inch-thick rings, keeping rings intact. Transfer rings to a resealable plastic bag and add wine. Squeeze air from bag so onions are completely covered; seal and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Grate remaining onion into bowl with quinoa. Add sirloin, sausage, parsley, 2 tsp paprika, mustard powder and garlic and mix until combined. Shape mixture into 8 1/4-inch-thick patties and transfer to a parchment-lined baking tray. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, pickle, chives, Dijon, lemon juice, remaining 1 tsp paprika and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat a lightly greased grill or grill pan to medium-high. Drain onions, discarding wine. Add onions to grill for 6 minutes, turning once, until lightly charred and tender; set aside. About halfway through cooking time, mist burgers with cooking spray and add to grill. Grill patties until juices run clear, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes for medium-well doneness. (NOTE: To keep patties moist, do not overcook.) Transfer to a plate and cover. Grill buns, cut sides down, until golden brown and toasted. For middle bun, grill both sides.
- Assemble burgers: Divide sauce, sprouts, and tomatoes over bottom and middle slices of buns. Top each bottom and middle slice with 1 patty, cheese (if desired) and onions and sandwich with tops of buns. Secure with a short skewer, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 Big Stack Burger
- Calories 455
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 90 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 558 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g