- Prep Time
- 2 15-oz BPA-free cans black beans, drained and rinsed (TRY: Eden Organic Black Beans No Salt Added)
- ¼ cup roughly chopped red onion
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika, divided
- ¾ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 4 whole-grain buns, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- toppings (sliced tomato, red onion, avocado, lettuce), as desired
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment; set aside.
2. To a food processor, add beans, onion, egg, 2 cloves garlic, flaxseeds, 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined, 10 to 12 pulses.
3. Form into 6 patties and arrange on prepared sheet. Bake, flipping once halfway, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer 2 patties to an airtight container for Nacho-Style Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes; refrigerate up to 3 days.
4. Meanwhile, toast buns. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, remaining 1 clove garlic and ½ tsp paprika; spread on cut sides of buns. Sandwich remaining patties and optional toppings in buns.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 429
- Carbohydrate Content: 56 g
- Cholesterol Content: 36 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 14 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 515 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 8 g