Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
READER RECIPE TESTER Wendy McMillan Longmont, Colorado “I created this recipe for a friend with gluten intolerance who couldn’t seem to satisfy her chocolate craving and felt like she’d been cut off from her favorite desserts. I think the fudge cakes are delightfully surprising, whether or not those trying them realize that they’re a bean-based dessert. They also keep well in the fridge and take on a different consistency and flavor when chilled vs. warm from the oven. I love them both ways!”
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist 8 individual ramekins or 1 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat with 1 tbsp water mixed in.
- Combine melted chocolate, beans, eggs, egg white, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, applesauce and honey in a food processor; process until smooth. Stir in walnuts and pour mixture into prepared ramekins or baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides, about 20 minutes for ramekins and 30 minutes for baking dish. Garnish each piece with a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 199
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g