NOTE: This recipe makes two full servings with salad plus extra patties to freeze for later.
- To a food processor, add 2/3 cup beans, red pepper, onion, quinoa, oat flour, cilantro, lime zest and juice, garlic, chile powder, cumin, paprika and 1/4 tsp salt. Pulse until almost smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl and fold in remaining black beans.
- In a large nonstick pan on medium-high, heat oil. Use a 1/2 cup scoop to measure 5 patties; flatten slightly. To pan, add patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Divide greens, salsa and tomatoes between 2 bowls. Top each with 1 black bean patty and half of the avocado slices.
- Whisk together yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, chipotle pepper, adobo and 1/8 tsp salt. Place 1/4 cup sauce over top of each salad.
- Serving Size 1 patty, 2 1/2 cups salad, 1/4 cup sauce
- Calories 539
- Carbohydrate Content 66 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 18 g
- Protein Content 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 619 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4.5 g