Find more taco recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups blackberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp maqui powder (TRY: Navitas Naturals Maqui Powder)
- 1/2 large red onion, minced, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can unsalted black beans
- 1/4 tsp each chipotle powder and sea salt
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed (or 8 large romaine leaves)
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- Prepare salsa: In a small bowl, combine blackberries, lime juice, maqui powder and 2 tbsp onion. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add remaining onion and sauté for 7 to 8 minutes, until onion is very soft, stirring occasionally. Add beans and their liquid, chipotle and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, drain a scoop of beans and add to center of each tortilla. Top with bell pepper, salsa, cilantro and nuts. Serve any remaining salsa on the side.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 361
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Fat Content: 12.5 g
- Fiber Content: 16 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 151 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g