Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare fritters: In a medium bowl, add peas and partially mash with a fork or potato masher. Place bread in a blender and grind into coarse bread crumbs. Add bread crumbs to peas with scallions, bell pepper, garlic, egg whites, thyme, jalapeños, salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium. Working in 2 batches, spoon fritter batter into skillet in 1/4-cup mounds, flattening slightly so they measure 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Cook for 3 minutes per side or until lightly golden. Once cooked, set aside on a separate plate. Repeat with remaining batter and 1 1/2 tsp oil.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and horseradish.
- Prepare rice: In a medium bowl, combine rice ingredients and toss gently.
- To serve, divide rice mixture, fritters and sauce evenly among 4 plates.
- Serving Size 2 fritters, 1/2 rice, 2 T sauce
- Calories 331
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 382 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g