Nutritional Bonus: One serving of this low-calorie soup provides nearly one-third of your daily
fiber needs and 21% of your iron requirements for the day.
Video: How To: Beans
They’re economical, full of fiber
and great for the heart! Learn how to use your beans in Chef Jo’s tutorial.
Video: Leafy Green
Like mom always said: Eat your
greens! Chef Jo gives you the lowdown on super-nutritious leafy green vegetables and how to use them in your
Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped
potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple tomatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned,
plus a guide to each.
- Bring broth and 2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over high heat. Add collard greens, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and potatoes, and return to a simmer. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in peas and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with pepper, to taste, and serve immediately.
- Serving Size 2 1/4 cups
- Calories 180
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 710 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g