Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Health Benefit: In addition to boosting your mood by triggering the production of endorphins (“feel good” chemicals), dark chocolate is a heart-healthy ingredient that is rich in many nutrients such as fiber, iron and magnesium.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare filling: To a medium bowl, add pears, grapes, coconut sugar and tapioca and mix. Stir in vanilla. Transfer mixture to a large pie plate.
2. Prepare crumble topping: To a large bowl, add oats, flour and coconut sugar. Using your fingertips, blend coconut oil into flour until pieces are the size of small peas. Add 2 tbsp water so mixture clumps together. Mix in chocolate.
3. Using a spoon, sprinkle crumble topping evenly over fruit. Bake until fruit is soft and crumble is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/6 of crumble
- Calories 356
- Carbohydrate Content 58.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 12 mg
- Sugar Content 37 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g