If you suffer from frustrating PMS symptoms, shishito peppers may help. These spicy greens contain up to 15% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin B6, a nutrient linked to easing symptoms such as depression, anxiety and irritability.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
1. In a large sauté pan on high, heat oil. Add beans and peppers. Sauté until vegetables are blistered on all sides, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, lemon zest and pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant and garlic is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Transfer mixture to a platter. Sprinkle with parsley, almonds and salt.
Make Ahead: Prep the veg and toasted almonds ahead of time and sauté right before serving.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 47
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 149 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g