Find more quick & easy meals here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 lb boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and quartered
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb collard greens, rinsed and chopped (NOTE: Do not pat dry.)
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- With a sharp paring knife, cut a large, deep pocket in one side of each piece of steak; do not cut completely through steak.
- In a food processor, process bread into fine crumbs. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and blue cheese, mixing with your fingers to incorporate. Stuff steaks with cheese mixture, pushing firmly into each pocket. Season steaks with black pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add steaks and cook for 3 minutes. Flip steaks, cover skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip steaks, cover and cook for 3 minutes, until light pink throughout, juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer registers at least 145˚F when inserted in center. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil.
- Increase heat on skillet to medium. Add greens and bell pepper and sauté, stirring often, until greens wilt, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese. Divide steak and greens among serving plates.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of steak and 1 cup greens
- Calories: 294
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Cholesterol Content: 54 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 328 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g