Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more quick & easy meals here!
- With a sharp paring knife, cut a large, deep pocket in one side of each piece of steak; do not cut completely through steak.
- In a food processor, process bread into fine crumbs. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and blue cheese, mixing with your fingers to incorporate. Stuff steaks with cheese mixture, pushing firmly into each pocket. Season steaks with black pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add steaks and cook for 3 minutes. Flip steaks, cover skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip steaks, cover and cook for 3 minutes, until light pink throughout, juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer registers at least 145˚F when inserted in center. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil.
- Increase heat on skillet to medium. Add greens and bell pepper and sauté, stirring often, until greens wilt, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cottage cheese. Divide steak and greens among serving plates.
- Serving Size 1/4 of steak and 1 cup greens
- Calories 294
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 54 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 328 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g