Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners.
- Prepare crumble topping: In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp flour, 3 tbsp cane juice, pecans, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/8 tsp salt. Drizzle in butter and stir with a fork until just moistened. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining 2 cups flour, 2/3 cup cane juice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt, baking powder and baking soda. Gently stir in blueberries. In a medium bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk and oil. Add to blueberry mixture and stir until just moistened. Spoon into muffin cups.
- With your fingers, crumble topping over muffin batter. Bake in center of oven, rotating tin halfway through, until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in tin for 5 minutes. Carefully remove muffins from tin and transfer to a cooling rack. (TIP: These muffins are best served warm!)
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 235
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 24 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 182 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g