Nutritional Bonus: Belgian endive is a rich source of minerals including potassium, calcium and magnesium, which may help reduce inflammation, strengthen bones and increase the absorption of calcium.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 heads Belgian endive, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oil in a large skillet on high. Season both sides of chicken with pepper and thyme and brown for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and reserve.
- In same skillet, add endive, honey, lemon juice and broth and boil until liquid is syrupy, 6 to 8 minutes. Return chicken to skillet, add parsley and toss until chicken is coated with pan juices. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 3 oz chicken and 1/4 c endive
- Calories: 146
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 49 mg
- Fat Content: 45 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 67 mg
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g