Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, oregano and pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, broth, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper; cover and bring to a simmer. Add rosemary, beans and half of lemon zest; cover and simmer on medium-low to medium heat until beans are crisp-tender, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring 2 to 3 times.
- Meanwhile, in a wide, shallow bowl, combine flour and remaining 1/8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 2 tsp oil. Dip chicken into flour, coating both sides. Shake off excess and add to skillet. Cook until bottoms are deep golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, then turn and cook until opposite sides are browned, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer chicken to pot with green beans. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in thickest part and green beans are tender, turning chicken halfway.
- Remove from heat, then remove and discard rosemary. Add remaining half of lemon zest, lemon juice and olives and stir gently.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast and 1 cup green bean mixture
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 109 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 480 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g