1. In a large saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until bell pepper is softened, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
2. Add broth, coconut milk, tomatoes and lime juice; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Add cooked rice and simmer until rice is heated through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
3. Add shrimp and simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink and opaque, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with lime wedges and sprinkle with cilantro (if using).
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 235
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 122 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 202 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g