1. Preheat oven to 200ºF. Place a metal rack over a baking sheet. In a shallow bowl, whisk together almond and coconut flours, arrowroot, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt and ½ tsp pepper. In a separate bowl, beat egg. Dip each chicken piece in egg, then dredge in flour mixture.
2. In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Working in batches, cook chicken until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place on rack-lined sheet; keep warm in oven while cooking remaining chicken. (Alternatively, let cool on rack, cover and refrigerate.)
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan on medium-low, heat marinara, pepper flakes and remaining ¼ tsp black pepper, stirring occasionally, until warmed. Pour over chicken before serving, or serve sauce alongside.
TAKE IT TO GO: Pack chicken and sauce separately. Warm chicken in a toaster oven; warm sauce on the stove top or in a microwave.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 410
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 109 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 739 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g