Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Weighing in at only 81 calories, a 1/2-cup serving of low-fat cottage cheese contains 14 grams of muscle-building and muscle-mending protein, along with plenty of vitamin B12, selenium, phosphorus and riboflavin, which also aids in tissue repair and growth.
- Peel and cut each banana in half lengthwise.
- Place 2 banana halves in a shallow dish or bowl (or a deep traveling container if you’re off to work).
- Using an ice cream scooper, place 1/2 cup cottage cheese over center of banana and top with 1 1/2 tbsp jam, 1 tbsp peanuts and pinch of salt.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble 3 more Breakfast Banana Splits. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1 banana split
- Calories 255
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 460 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g