Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with butter. Rip bread slices into bite-size pieces and place in dish. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, orange zest and juice, milk, 3 tbsp maple syrup and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread and lightly press down with a spoon until bread is covered and beginning to soak up egg mixture. Bake until mixture springs back when pressed lightly, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mist a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add bacon and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp maple syrup and continue cooking until bacon is glazed and glossy looking, about 1 minute more.
- Top pudding with bacon. Brush or drizzle remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup over top.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 313
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 181 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 403 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g