Brussels Sprouts Salad with Roasted Vegetables & Chicken
This veggie-rich salad with pops of dried cherries can be fully assembled and dressed the night before. Store-bought rotisserie chicken makes it hassle-free, too.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (TIP: For more potent nutrient benefits and flavor, try a blend of olive and fish oil, such as Carlson Olive Your Heart, Natural.)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp grainy mustard
- ½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sriracha, or to taste
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 2-lb cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ⅓ cup dried unsweetened cherries, chopped
1. Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Cover and set aside.
2. Prepare salad: Preheat oven to 400ºF; line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, toss together sweet potatoes, cauliflower, oil, salt and pepper. Spread on prepared baking sheets and roast until tender and caramelized, 35 to 45 minutes, stirring once or twice. Let cool. Meanwhile, remove skin from chicken, pull meat off bones and roughly chop or pull into long pieces.
3. To a large serving bowl, add Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
4. Toss with dressing. Add pecans, cherries and chicken; toss again.
MAKE AHEAD: Make recipe through Step 3 up to 4 days ahead; cover and refrigerate components. Complete Step 4 just before serving. The salad will keep fully dressed in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 493
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 41 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 828 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 26 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g