- Cook Time
- Prep Time
1 cup unsalted or salted butter — both work, salted makes for a salty dipping butter
1½ teaspoons Simply Organic Sage
½ teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
½ lemon, juiced
20 Brussels sprouts (about 1½ pounds), halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
For The Sprouts
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl, toss the halved Brussels sprouts in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. On a greased sheet pan, scatter Brussels sprouts, placing the cut side down. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are slightly brown.
For The Butter
1. While the Brussels sprouts roast, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
2. Add sage and garlic powder. Checking often, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden brown, but not burnt.
3. Remove from heat and squeeze lemon juice over the mixture. Pour into a serving bowl.
Remove sprouts from oven. Allow to cool about 5 minutes, until sprouts can be handled. Once cool, thread about 5 halved sprouts through each of 8 skewers. Serve immediately with browned butter.
- Serving Size: 3/4 Cup
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 60 mg
- Fat Content: 27 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Trans Fat Content: 1 g