Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more holiday recipes.
- Prepare raita: In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, yogurt, cilantro, ¼ tsp salt, cumin and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add onions, garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Increase heat to medium-high and add kale, tossing to coat. Add 1 tbsp water, cover and cook until kale is tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Wipe out skillet.
- To kale mixture, add potatoes, remaining ½ tsp salt and black pepper and stir until combined. Stir in egg. Shape mixture into 6 3- to 3½-inch-wide cakes (each about 1/3 cup). same skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil. Working in batches if necessary, add cakes and cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Serve with raita.
- Serving Size 1 cake and 1/6 raita
- Calories 200
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 42 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 487 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g