Find more Clean Eating recipes for chicken here!
- Remove stalks and fronds from fennel, discarding stalks and reserving fronds for garnish. Remove and discard outer layer and bottom ½ inch from fennel bulb. Working lengthwise from top of bulb to base, cut remaining bulb into thin rounds. Remove and discard hard core from center slices.
- In a large stockpot, heat 2 tsp oil on medium. Add celery and buckwheat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup broth, mustard and salt. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes. Add remaining ½ cup broth, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to high and stir in additional ½ cup water. Cook for 5 more minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium-low. Add fennel slices and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Shift fennel to sides of skillet; add chicken and cook for 6 minutes, turning once, until opaque throughout.
- Divide chicken-fennel mixture among serving plates. Serve with risotto, dividing evenly. Garnish each with apple and fennel fronds.
- Serving Size 4 oz chicken fennel mixture
- Calories 338
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 49 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 377 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g