Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Better With Broccoli
This cruciferous veg is rich in fiber, which helps to control blood sugar levels and aids in achieving lower weight goals. It’s also loaded with vitamin C, an antioxidant for optimal immune function and improved skin health.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 3- to 4-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, cashews, potato, carrot and one-half of onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Place cashew mixture in a blender. Add hot sauce and dill; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add remaining one-half of onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add broccoli and celery and cook, stirring, until broccoli is bright green and tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken and hot sauce mixture to bowl and stir to combine. Scrape into prepared casserole dish and bake until sauce is bubbling and top starts to brown, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with blue cheese. Garnish with green onions.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 283
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 529 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g