Find more mushroom recipes here!
Choose large, uniformly sized mushrooms to ensure you can pack an equal amount of the cheesy filling into each. Secure with sandwich picks, if you like, and serve with a green salad.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, 1 tsp each oil, vinegar and basil and 1/4 tsp each salt and cumin. Spread in a single layer in center of baking sheet, leaving room along outer edges. In same bowl, combine mushrooms, remaining 2 tsp oil, 1 tsp each vinegar and basil and 1/4 tsp each salt and cumin. Arrange mushrooms stem side up along outer edges of baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn mushrooms, stirring juices into tomatoes, and bake until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a 2½-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 4 rounds from each pita half to make 16 rounds. On a separate baking sheet, arrange pita rounds in a single layer. Bake until lightly toasted and golden.
- Top pita rounds with arugula. Place 1 mushroom stem side up on top of each pita and place 1 piece cheese in cavity of each. Arrange tomatoes over cheese and garnish with additional arugula.
- Serving Size 4 bites
- Calories 254
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 466 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g