Butter Leaf Salad with Grapefruit, Avocado & Buttermilk Yogurt Dressing
Our vegetarian butter leaf salad with grapefruit, avocado & buttermilk yogurt dressing is light and fresh and makes a nice side for your weeknight dinner or when company comes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 cup whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 small pink and/or white grapefruit
- 2 small avocados
- 2 heads butter leaf lettuce, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, buttermilk, honey, salt and pepper. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cut peel from grapefruit, including the white pith. Working over a bowl to catch juices, carefully cut between membranes and release segments. Set segments and any accumulated juices aside separately.
- Peel, pit and thinly slice avocados, arranging slices in a bowl with grapefruit juice. (NOTE: Ensure that avocado slices are coated with juice to avoid browning.)
- Divide lettuce among individual plates (or arrange on a platter). Arrange grapefruit segments and avocado slices on top. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with mint just before serving.
- Serving Size 1 salad with 1 tbsp dressing
- Calories 90
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 109 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g